Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 93 octane DSP tune

1. 93 octane DSP tune

Well, yesterday after getting curious and doing some research, I started to wonder why my custom stage 2 tune (stg2.srt.dpg) was only holding 15 psi, as opposed to the stock 13. So I decided to flash the 93 octane DSP tune just to see if it was just a leak somewhere. Well, after flashing, I almost immediately blew a vacuum line. So I fixed and replaced a lot of the lines and used zip-ties and hose-clamps (where applicable) to secure them. The car is now holding about 23 psi or "little black tab" according to the boost gauge, lol. I'm curious and excited to see what she does out at the track if I went 13.55 on 15 pounds. I have the MBC (turbo toys) set to "0" for daily driving which is only 8-9 psi, so I hope it's safe.

The only question I have is, is it safe to run premium fuel with this tune even though it's called the "93 octane" tune?

Do you have an a/f gauge? Im spiking 25 holding 18. Thought I was holding 2018 but turns out the boost gauge was broken lol
    300 hp 360 tq STOCK TURBO!
    13.22 at 105mph
    stage 2 and stuff

THIS YEAR 12's OR BUST!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbofrog View Post
    Good bye little turbo.....

3. I don't have an A/F gauge, so it scares me to be running it that high. I did a little bit of logging on the dsp and there was no knock and everything looked the same as on the previous tune. But, who knows...?

I really need to get a 30/30 boost gauge.

It's not holding 23 psi.
    2005 SRT-4 ACR...... Sold :(
    2011 Challenger SRT-8
    1970 Charger R/T

get an a/f gauge before you get the 30/30.. or get them at teh same time..

and if there is no knock, then it should be good..... key word - should.

My gauge did this when it broke...

300 hp 360 tq STOCK TURBO!
    13.22 at 105mph
    stage 2 and stuff

THIS YEAR 12's OR BUST!!

Quote Originally Posted by turbofrog View Post
    Good bye little turbo.....

7. Quote Originally Posted by Davids SRT-4 View Post
    My gauge did this when it broke...

Yea that's what mine climbs to. But it doesn't seem to be broken because all other readings are correct. But I guess I'll take your word for it.

I want to do gauges but I'm not a fan of A-pillar gauge pods. Anyone ever relocated the HVAC and fiberglassed a pod in its replacement..? Cluster bezel gauges similar to the stock Sti boost gauge?

Just put another stock pod in. Alls you need is a wideband and a scan gauge.
    2011 Challenger SRT-8
    1970 Charger R/T

9. Quote Originally Posted by kyles acr View Post
    Just put another stock pod in. Alls you need is a wideband and a scan gauge.
    And just mount it next to the factory located boost gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by Davids SRT-4 View Post
    Do you have an a/f gauge? Im spiking 25 holding 18. Thought I was holding 2018 but turns out the boost gauge was broken lol
    That's a lot of boost!

OP: I assume you have an adjustable WGA? Turn that ish down! Anything over 20ish psi on the stock turbo is just blowing hot air and is not efficient. Especially if you don't have a wideband or EGT gauge, you'll cause more harm than good. Spiking over 20 is one thing, but if you are holding more than 19psi (which I doubt you are), then no bueno.

Also, isn't 93 octane premium? It is where I live. Essentially you can run any fuel you want with that tune as long as there isn't a pre-detonation or knock. Sounds like you also had tremendous boost leaks before. If you are unsure of the 93 octane tune, simply change it back to your custom tune and see how much boost it holds now. Where'd you get your custom tune from btw?

Quote Originally Posted by twin94gts View Post
    And just mount it next to the factory located boost gauge?
    Yes.
    2011 Challenger SRT-8
    1970 Charger R/T

I would limit boost on the stock turbo to 18psi.

I would also double check that you didn't loose an important vacuum line somewhere and no longer have the boost controlled proper. A boost leak check should let you know if you got something wrong...

premium is 92 octane in washington. BFD

Thread Information